Author: adminwebitaltech

Israeli forces take security measures as Jewish settlers under Israeli protection raid on Old City in Hebron, West Bank on August 23, 2025. [Wisam Hashlamoun - Anadolu Agency]

Israeli occupation forces raided six schools in the city of Hebron, south of the occupied West Bank, on Thursday and detained a number of teachers, ahead of the school academic year slated for 1 September. Palestinian Wafa news agency reported that the Israeli occupation forces raided and searched the six schools in the Sheikh neighbourhood and the southern area of ​​Hebron, seizing photos and educational textbooks, detaining teachers during the raid. The Ministry of Education and Higher Education condemned the Israeli occupation forces’ storming of the schools, detaining and assaulting a number of teachers. The ministry affirmed that these practices constitute a flagrant violation of international and humanitarian laws, particularly the conventions protecting education, and are a continuation of the […]

Read More

Four journalists injured while covering an Israeli raid in Kafr Dan are taken to the closest hospital in Jenin, West Bank on September 03, 2024. [Issam Rimawi - Anadolu Agency]

The Palestinian Prisoner Society (PPS) reported Thursday that Israeli occupation forces are intensifying their targeting of Palestinian journalists, with the number of detainees now rising to 55. This figure includes 50 journalists apprehended since the onset of the ongoing genocide in Gaza, among whom is one female journalist. The PPS highlighted that since October 2023, Israel has implemented an unprecedented strategy of targeting media professionals with arrests and harassment. In total, 197 journalists have been detained or briefly held since the beginning of the genocide, with the most recent detainment being journalist Usaid Ammarneh, arrested on Wednesday night. The prisoners’ rights group emphasised that Israel’s systematic targeting of journalists aims to silence those reporting on its crimes, control media coverage, […]

Read More

Peacekeepers of the United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL) ride in armoured vehicles during a patrol along the border with Israel by the village of Kfar Kila in south Lebanon on June 4, 2025. [AFP/Getty Images]

The United Nations Security Council has voted to end the UN Interim Force in Lebanon (UNIFIL), bowing to pressure from the US and its ally Israel, which has long sought to terminate the peacekeeping mission. Thursday’s unanimous resolution renews the mandate one final time, until 31 December, 2026, after which the nearly 11,000-strong mission will be withdrawn in an “orderly and safe drawdown.” The resolution marks the beginning of the end for a force originally deployed in 1978 to monitor Israel’s withdrawal from southern Lebanon. For decades, UNIFIL has operated as a buffer between Israeli occupation forces and the Lebanese group Hezbollah, documenting violations by both sides along the UN-drawn Blue Line. Its expanded post-2006 mandate tasked the mission with […]

Read More

A man looks at a display of rockets from Elbit Systems UK including the Predator Hawk (L) and the Extra (2L) as delegates enjoy drinks at the end of day one of the DSEI arms fair at ExCel on September 10, 2019 [Leon Neal/Getty Images]

The British government has barred Israeli officials from attending a leading defense conference in London next month amid ongoing criticism of Israel’s genocidal conduct in Gaza, Anadolu reports. Israel’s Ministry of Defense has previously sent senior representatives to DSEI, a vast exhibition of weapons and military equipment held in the UK every year. But a UK government spokesman told Politico on Thursday that no Israeli delegation would be invited this year. “The Israeli government’s decision to further escalate its military operation in Gaza is wrong. As a result, we can confirm that no Israeli government delegation will be invited to attend DSEI UK 2025,” the spokesman said. Israel’s Defense Ministry later said it would not participate in the event following […]

Read More

A woman sits next to her child suffering from cholera at an isolation unit outside the Bashayer Hospital, south of Khartoum on May 31, 2025. [AFP/Getty Images]

A fast-spreading cholera outbreak is worsening in Sudan’s war-torn Darfur region, where the collapse of the health sector and deteriorating humanitarian conditions are leaving civilians without treatment or prevention, local monitors and aid groups warned Friday, Anadolu reports. At least 8,569 infections and 361 deaths have been recorded in Darfur as of Wednesday, according to the General Coordination of Refugees and Displaced People. Most of the victims are women and children. The outbreak has hit hardest in overcrowded displacement camps and besieged towns. Tawila in North Darfur reported the highest caseload, with 4,850 cases, while Jebel Marra’s Golo area recorded 1,290 infections. In Kalma camp, 435 cases and 64 deaths were confirmed, alongside dozens more in Otash and other camps. […]

Read More

Thousands of Houthi supporters, holding banners and Palestinian flags, gather in Al-Sabeen Square to demonstrate in support of Palestinian people and protest against Israel's ongoing attacks on Gaza on August 15, 2025. [Mohammed Hamoud - Anadolu Agency]

The Yemeni Houthi group firmly denied on Thursday media reports claiming that an Israeli airstrike struck a meeting of its leaders in the capital, Sana’a. Nasr al-Din Amer, head of the Houthi-led media authority, stated, “What we are witnessing is an assault on civilian targets and an attack on the Yemeni people as a whole, stemming from their support for Gaza, which is currently enduring genocide and starvation in full view of the international community.”He reaffirmed that Yemeni solidarity with Gaza and the Palestinian resistance would persist until Israeli aggression ceases and the blockade on Gaza is lifted. Earlier on Thursday, Israel’s Channel 14 reported that Israeli aircraft conducted a significant strike on Sana’a, allegedly targeting high-ranking Houthi leaders. The Israeli army […]

Read More

A woman carries a picture of 6 year old Hind Rajab in memory of her death as people gathered at a rally near the Israeli embassy in London, United Kingdom, after hundreds of thousands marched demanding a ceasefire and an end to the Israeli siege of Gaza on 17th February 2024 [Kristian Buus/In Pictures via Getty Images]

Several Hollywood actors have joined the production of the film The Voice of Hind Rajab, which tells the story of the five-year-old girl killed along with her family by the Israeli army in Gaza in January 2024. The film will premiere at the Venice Film Festival. The US news site Deadline reported that Brad Pitt, Joaquin Phoenix, Rooney Mara, “Roma” filmmaker Alfonso Cuarón, and “The Zone of Interest” director Jonathan Glazer are among those taking part in the production of the film, directed by Tunisian filmmaker Kaouther Ben Hania, who has previously been nominated for an Oscar. The film recounts the final hours of Hind’s life, when she and six relatives were killed on 29 January 2024 after Israeli forces struck the car, they had sought refuge in, […]

Read More

Smoke rises after Israeli warplanes launched airstrikes targeting southern Syria’s Suwayda governorate and Daraa in the country’s southwest, on July 15, 2025. [İzettin Kasım - Anadolu Agency]

Israeli military activity intensified on Friday in southern Syria with warplanes flying over the Quneitra and Daraa provinces and ground forces entering Syrian territory, local sources reported, Anadolu reports. Syrian state media Alikhbariah reported that Israeli military vehicles advanced into Eastern Samadaniyah village in the Quneitra countryside, raiding a residential home. No immediate information was available on casualties. The incursions mark a continuation of Israel’s repeated violations of Syrian sovereignty, which have included airstrikes and ground operations in the south of the country. Following the fall of the Bashar al-Assad regime last December, Israel has launched hundreds of strikes targeting military sites and assets across Syria, including fighter jets, missile systems and air defense installations, according to reports. Israel also […]

Read More

Iran has always carried out executions by hanging in recent years

Iranian authorities have executed at least 841 people since the beginning of the year, the UN said on Friday, urging the government of Iran not to implement the death penalty, Anadolu reports. Ravina Shamdasani, spokesperson for the UN Office of Human Rights, at a weekly press briefing in Geneva, said Iran has ignored multiple calls to join the worldwide movement towards abolition of the death penalty. “Iranian authorities executed 110 people in July alone. This is more than twice the number executed in July of last year and follows a major increase in executions during the first half of 2025,” Shamdasani said. READ: Australia expels Iranian envoy, claims Tehran of directing antisemitic attacks “The high number of executions indicates a systematic […]

Read More

A Palestinian child is seen at Nasser Hospital, where children of different age groups suffering from malnutrition are treated with limited resources due to a lack of formula and medicine, in Khan Yunis, Gaza, on August 23, 2025. [Abed Rahim Khatib - Anadolu Agency]

Five more Palestinians died from malnutrition caused by a choking Israeli blockade on the Gaza Strip in the last 24 hours, a health official said Friday, Anadolu reports. Munir al-Bursh, the director general of Gaza’s Health Ministry, said through the US social media company X that the new fatalities brought the death toll since October 2023 to 322, including 121 children. Famine has been confirmed in the Gaza Governorate of the strip, and is projected to expand to Deir al-Balah and Khan Younis governorates by the end of September, according to the global hunger monitor Integrated Food Security Phase Classification (IPC). Since IPC declared famine in Gaza, 44 people, including six children, have starved to death, noted Bursh. READ: FAO: 1,000 […]

Read More