![Israeli attacks on Gaza continue as Israeli army tanks and armored vehicles move along the Gaza border in Israel on August 24, 2025. [Tsafrir Abayov - Anadolu Agency]](https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/wp-content/uploads/2025/08/AA-20250824-38911068-38911063-ISRAELI_ATTACKS_ON_GAZA_CONTINUE-1-1.jpg)
Qatar said Tuesday that Israel has not responded yet to a recent Gaza ceasefire proposal, Anadolu reports. “We are in contact with all parties in pursuit of a ceasefire agreement, but there is no official Israeli response – neither acceptance, rejection, nor the presentation of an alternative proposal,” Foreign Ministry spokesman Majed al-Ansari said in comments carried by Al Jazeera television. Last week, the Palestinian group Hamas accepted a ceasefire proposal put forward by Egyptian and Qatari mediators. Israel, however, has not officially responded to the plan. Ansari said Gaza mediators are on daily contacts to reach a ceasefire deal. “We stress the need to urge Israel to respond and engage seriously,” he said. “We are awaiting an official response […]