US President Donald Trump said Thursday that he wants people in the Gaza Strip to be safe, Anadolu reports. “I want the people of Gaza to be safe, more importantly,” Trump told reporters, when asked whether he still wants the US to “take over” Gaza. “I want to see safety for the people of Gaza. They’ve gone through hell,” he added. The president first floated his proposal for the US to take ownership of Gaza in February. The plan was widely rebuffed by nations around the world, but Trump has continued to raise it sporadically over the course of the past three months. Earlier this week, Trump said he hopes a ceasefire in Gaza will be reached “sometime next week.” […]